North Coast Regional District
The North Coast Regional District is situated on the breathtaking North Coast of British Columbia and includes the archipelago of Haida Gwaii. It is a dynamic, resource-based region with a population of approximately 19,000 residents. The region offers great outdoor and indoor recreational opportunities.
As the Treasurer, and reporting to the CAO, you will provide leadership and direction to a small but dedicated finance team, develop and manage an annual operating budget of approximately $4 million, provide various reports to the Board, Staff, and other agencies, prepare for the annual audit, and develop the Financial Statements.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA; CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA);
- Diploma in Local Government Administration (preferred);
- Five years’ progressively more responsible experience in a finance roll, at a management or senior level;
- Experience in a Regional District (preferred);
- Experience with information systems, especially with municipal accounting software;
- Have a solid working knowledge of CaseWare;
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a unionized setting, and;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The North Coast Regional District offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter, in confidence, by November 23, 2018. Please submit your application via email to: CAO@ncrdbc.com
Questions may be directed to Doug Chapman, CAO at 250-624-2002, Ext 8.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a copy of the job description, please visit our website www.ncrdbc.com
To apply for this job please visit www.civicinfo.bc.ca.