Kitsumkalum Indian Band
Term: Part Time Position, Monday – Friday 20 hours per week.
Open Period: Until incumbent found
Key Responsibilities and Activities
The candidate will provide support and counselling services to Kitsumkalum community members with the aim of enhancing quality of life.
Maintain accurate up-to-date data and resources of agencies providing support; Develop Ind ividual Service/Care Plans with clients to promote independence and safety.
Works with an integrated case management team to provide assessment, referrals, support and counseling services to individuals affected by use of alcohol and drugs.
This position reports to Kitsumkalum Health Director.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Health Work or Social/Human Sciences field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience Minimum 3 years sobriety
- Good working knowledge of First Nations Health
- Strong counselings and communication skills
- Experience facilitating group meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work with at high risk clients using a harm reduction philosophy with a person centered approach
- An ability to work as part of an effective team member with educators, parents and community service providers, and other service providers Demonstrated skills in the area of planning, decision making, life skills training and building positive working relationships
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Data entry Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Class 5 driver’s license and use of reliable vehicle
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit kitsumkalum.bc.ca .