Under the direction of the Residential & Recovery Team Leader (nurse) or designate, the LPN uses a PSR approach in contributing to the assessment, development, and implementation of care plans and evaluation of client centered care for Adults with Mental Illness and other co-occurring disorders within Seven Sisters and Birchwood Place. The LPN is knowledgeable of and practices in accordance with the standards of practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC) and established organizational policies and procedures. The LPN is expected to engage the individual and family as people with full competence and as full collaborators in service planning, delivery, and evaluation.
– Grade 12.
– Practical Nursing Certificate.
– Current registration and licensure as an LPN.
– The following courses are a must: completion of a Pharmacology course, Head to toe Assessment, Taking and Transcribing Doctor’s Orders, IV Therapy.
– All other courses deemed necessary to keep LPN licensure current in accordance to the CLPNBC.
– Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation practice.
– Knowledge of psychiatric medication and side-effects.
– Class V BC Drivers License. Use of own vehicle is required for travel.
– Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
– Three years recent experience working in the mental health field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Ability to deal with others effectively.
– Ability to work with individuals with mental health issues.
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work.
– Computer Skills.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. Terrace offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.bcjobs.ca/jobs/licensed-practical-nurse-permanent-part-time-terrace-625056 →