Responsible for providing quality workmanship, consistent service, and technical knowledge to the customers. Performs all tasks related to the testing, diagnosing, repair, maintenance, and reconditioning of heavy equipment, transmissions, engines (gasoline and diesel), and engine components in the shop.
- Inspect and diagnose components and equipment for servicing needs.
- Communicate with equipment owners for authorization of servicing and repairs as required.
- Service and repair equipment in the shop and on-site for the customer.
- Recondition and remanufacture components as required for equipment, engine and hydraulic repairs.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Communicate equipment servicing needs as required with Branch Supervisor/Manager.
- Communicate work performed and complete service paperwork.
- Update and maintain service records
- Fill out warranty information
- Complete work orders
- Performance of daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
- Maintain a professional company image at all times.
- Meet requirements of Field Level Hazard and Job Hazard assessments
- Where required tests, measures, and verifies electrical component operations, including energized components and electrical fields; conducts building transfer tests to confirm correct operation of transfer switches, breakers, and generator units.
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician
3-4 years on off-road and on-road equipment
Proficient written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to work with customers, exceptional customer service; demonstrated mechanical aptitude, analysis and problem solving skills
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.