SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
This position will perform a variety of container, tarp and vessel fumigations in a safe manner following SGS guidelines and SOP’s.
- Performing fumigations, pre-shipment and quarantine.
- Ability to travel frequently across Canada.
- Generating documents for vessel and quarantined container fumigations
- Accomplish inspection requirements according to the scope of job.
- Establish constant communication with operations.
- Keep full and accurate logs.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Maintain a professional manner while performing his/her duties.
- Delivers samples to laboratory for analysis.
- Support any other duties that may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Follow all requirements according to any government regulations pertaining to fumigation services.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed (i.e. training for grain grading, lab analysis, H&S related tasks such as field risk assessments, etc).
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 – 3 years of previous experience in a fumigating role is an asset.
- Valid passport and drivers license.
- SGS will help obtain valid training and licenses in the following: Pesticide Applicator Licence, Confined Space Training Level 1, First Aid Level 1, WHMIS, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
TECHNICAL SKILLS :
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read basic vessel blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Detail orientated and has the ability to take accurate notes.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure
- Work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Embarking and disembarking vessels by pilot ladder while under way.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.sgs.com/jobs/fumigators-32388 →