Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
A day in the life of a Meat Production Specialist:
You will deal directly with customers and answer questions on everything from grilling to nutrition. Our highly skilled Meat Clerks are trained here to prepare the outsttnding quality selections that Safeway has built its reputation on. Become part of the team that offers our customers some of our best-selling products.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous Meat or Seafood experience
- Safeway specific training will be provided
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays in compliance with Safeway programs
- Order writing
- Receiving and rotating product
- Filling meat and seafood counters and showcases
- Use of hand wrapper, and scale
- Pricing meats and seafood
- Cleaning and sanitizing work area
- Working with raw as well as cooked seafood
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Able to work in a cold environment
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
- (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Occasional lifting of between 20-50 pounds
- Constant gripping
- Frequent standing, bending, walking, twisting, carrying, pushing or pulling
- Occasional exposure to cold temperatures
Why work for us:
- We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees
- We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience
- If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be
- We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sobeyscareers.com.