Website Northern Health
The office of Public Health Protection covers areas such as food hygiene, communicable disease control, safe drinking water, environmental protection, land use facility record keeping, and licensing of residential and day care facilities.
The position performs a variety of administrative support functions with emphasis in the areas of program- specific data entry, word processing, composing correspondence, data entry, report and document typing. Responsibilities include routine clerical duties such as reception duties and answering general inquiries related to programs and policies.
– Grade 12.
– Office Careers Program Certificate and at least one year office experience.
– Intermediate level experience in using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent.
– Any other computer data entry experience will be considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as communicate technical information to non-technical clients.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
– Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
– Possess organizing, prioritizing and coordinating skills.
– Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
– Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
– Must have the physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
– Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. Terrace offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.bcjobs.ca/jobs/administrative-support-permanent-full-time-terrace-616942 →