We have an opportunity for an experienced administrative assistant to join our Terrace area office. Reporting to the manager of Client Services, you’ll be responsible for providing work direction to support staff and assisting with office administration to facilitate the effective operation of the Terrace office, while ensuring a high standard of customer service.
What you’ll do
· Provide work direction to support staff and monitor the quality and quantity of work performed ensuring departmental standards are maintained
· Assist in the budget process by participating in analysis, forecasting, tracking, compilation, and report production
· Receive and act upon requests for service, parts, and equipment by liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
· Develop and implement changes in procedures and workflow
· Set up and maintain office systems and procedures including supplies and equipment
· Compose a variety of correspondence including letters, reports, forms, and memos
· Assist the manager in recruitment testing
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
· Meet deadlines in a high-volume, multi-tasking, client-focused environment
· Liaise and communicate effectively with various clients including managers, staff, sub-contractors, and suppliers
· Use discretion, handle confidential and sensitive information, and resolve conflicts
· Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes; recommend solutions and refer issues as appropriate
· Motivate individuals and teams in the performance of their daily tasks to encourage a high level of customer service
· Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to a variety of groups and individuals
· Type a minimum of 45 wpm
Your experience and educational background:
· Grade 12
· A minimum of three years of related work experience in an administrative role including tracking and settling budget accounts
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/about-us/careers/current-opportunities →