Discovery Diamond Drilling Ltd.
DRILLER’S HELPER INFORMATION SESSION/Resume Intake
MAY 8, 2 P.M.
Sign-up at NEST 250 633 2210
In the drilling industry, everyone normally starts as a helper. Being a helper requires not only physical strength and stamina, but also an ability to work away from home for extended periods, and patience as it may take years to develop from a helper to a driller, and on to supervision. It can also be a very rewarding position.
The driller’s skill set is in high demand, and can bring you all over the world. Drillers and Helpers who are able to work safely and achieve good levels of production can earn high incomes that are comparable with other skilled operations personnel in the resource industries.
Summary: Assists driller in drilling operations including:
• Moving drill from one setup to another
• Setting up drill, decking and other related equipment
• Setting casing
• Mixing drill mud
• Handling drill roads and core tubes
• Removing core from tube, placing core in core boxes, labelling boxes
• Handling chip trays and sample bags
• Assisting with maintenance
• Cleaning drill and keeping site clean and free of debris
• Maintaining water source or lubricants (ie. Water lines, supply pumps)
• Hauling supplies
• Using tools and equipment including pick- ups, pipe wrenches and other safety equipment
• Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
• Ability to speak clearly to others and understand directions given
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Ability to use common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and directions.
• Ability to work in a team environment and respond to urgent operational needs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Equipment required
• Must be at least 18 years’ old
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Current OFA Level 1 with transportation endorsement (or Provincial equivalent if from outside B.C.)
• Personal protection equipment as required by Discovery Diamond Drilling Ltd.
• Training as required by provincial, state and federal law
• Regularly required to stand, bend and twist, handle, speak and hear, and reach above shoulder.
• Occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk
• Regularly perform work involving use of hands and wrists
• Frequently required to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces
Discovery Diamond Drilling Ltd. is a drug free employer and requires employees to be lucid and have a clear head. Drug use and alcohol will not be tolerated.